- 12 pcs egg yolks
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 small can condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- pinch of iodized salt
- 1/2 tsp of dayap rinds extracts
This recipe is a very special one because it has been given to me by a chef friend from Kalibo, Aklan. Paulo has been a good friend to me and he is always giving advices on how to make my dishes more appetizing. So without further ado, I am sharing to all of you his famous creme custard recipe that melts in your mouth when eaten. Bon apetit!
Direction and Preparation:
1. Carefully separate egg yolks from egg whites, make sure no egg whites will be mixed up to your egg yolks.
2. Beat the yolks gently for several strokes preventing it from forming too much bubbles.
3. In a separate bowl mix well the condensed milk, evaporated milk, salt,extracts of lime or dayap rinds (put the dayap rinds in a clean white cloth and squeeze to get extracts of it)
4. Gently put the mixtures together, beating gently to prevent bubbles forming. If bubbles appear after mixing, wear off the bubbles by using a spatula or a spoon.
5. Set aside your mixture and start making your caramel syrup. In low fire, put your mold and the sugar in it.Mix it with a spoon ensuring all the sugar gets melted. Do not burn it or else it will give a bitter taste. Let it stand for at least 10 minutes before putting the mixture in. Cover it with aluminum foil.
6. While doing your caramel syrup, start boiling water for your steamer,when water is boiling, bring your fire into medium heat and put the flan container(s) in the steamer. Cover it tightly and steam for about 15 minutes.