This post is in continuation of my last article about my husband and I’s simple mensiversary celebration, where our family had a feast with different foods. My husband who loves meat settled with grilled flank steak with mixed vegetables and grilled potatoes for side dish while I had a very nice pan seared salmon.
I love the simplicity in my hubby’s plate for most of the seasoning are just out of my cupboard. Flank steak is a lean, somewhat tough but flavorful cut of beef that benefits from the tenderizing effects of a marinade, if you have the time. It is best cooked medium rare and thinly sliced at an angle.
Here’s how to cook it:
1. Wash the flank steak thoroughly in running water and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and place the steak, make sure all the sides are evenly coated. Cover it with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for an hour or two.
3. Preheat the grill to high and coat the rack with olive oil. Place steak on the hot grill. If you are using a gas grill, cover the grill. Grill for 4-6 minutes on each side. Half way through grilling on each side, turn the steak 90° so that you get more grill marks.
4. When the steak has cooked to your preferred level of doneness, remove from the grill and place on a cutting board. Cover with aluminum foil to hold in the heat and to keep the steak from drying out, and let rest for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with your favorite side dish.