- 1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 big can of pineapple chunks. You can also use fresh pineapple, just cut off the hard part on it.
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Use the juice from your can of pineapple chunks to marinade your chicken. In my case, I used fresh pineapples and blended them nicely to make fresh juice. It’s creamier and the juice is more flavorful.
2. Pour the cooking oil in a cooking pot and heat it.
3. Sauté the garlic and onion.
4. Put-in the chicken and cook until the color of the outer part turns light brown
5. Add the pineapple juice from your marinade and pour in the coconut milk. Bring to a boil.
6. Add the pineapple chunks and simmer until the chicken is tender and half of the liquid evaporates (about 20 to 30 minutes).
Others enjoy their pininyahang manok with carrots and bell pepper to give the dish more color.