- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Everyone loves chocolate and just when you’re about to think that it’s difficult to bake, think again because it’s actually not. My kids love cakes and there are very few bake shops here in Cambodia that offers really nice cakes, so as a mom of three loving kids, I have to make a way to somehow satisfy their cake cravings. Today, I made this easy to make chocolate cake that goes along well with any type of frosting or icing. I hope you’ll like the recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F; and line 2 x 9″ round cake pans with parchment or wax circles.
2. Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the hot coffee, oil and milk and mix it for about 2 minutes.
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla. Beat for 2 more minutes. This chocolate cake recipe has a very liquid batter.
5. Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approx. 30 minutes. The cake is ready when an inserted wooden skewer or cake tester comes out clean or when cake springs back when lightly pressed with a finger.
6. Let the cake cool in pans for about 10 minutes. Loosen the sides with a knife or metal spatula and invert to a metal rack. Invert again to another rack to prevent the cake from splitting.
Special thanks to my sister Chele for this wonderful recipe