This is a famous Korean side dish – stir fried dried anchovy in sweet sauce
- Stir 1 cup of small dried anchovy in a heated pan for 1 minute.
- Add 1 tbs olive oil and stir it for another minute.
- Push the cooked myulchi to the edge of the pan away from the heat.
- Make sauce by adding 1 or 2 tbs sugar, ½ ts minced garlic, 2 ts water, and 1/2 tbs corn syrup (optional) to the cleared spot on the pan.
- Tip the pan so only the sauce is over the heat. Simmer it until the sauce looks shiny.
- Mix the cooked anchovy with the sauce and turn the heat off.
- Add ½ tbs sesame oil and 1 ts of sesame seeds.
Thanks to Maangchi.com for the delicious recipe