Sweet and Sour Pork Ingredients:
1 kilo pork (spare ribs or loin)
1 can pineapple chunks or 1 small fresh pineapple, cut into squares
1 onion, quartered
1 green bell pepper, quartered
1 carrot, cut into flowers
1/4 cup of soy sauce
4 tablespoons of cornstarch
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil the pork in a casserole with 5 cups of water. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and let it cook until tender.
2. Once pork is done, mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 1/4 cup of soy sauce. Dip the pork in the cornstarch mixture and fry in hot oil.
3. In another pan, saute the garlic and onion in a little oil. Add the bell pepper, pineapple chunks, ketchup, sugar, salt and pepper.
4. Dissolve the remaining cornstarch in 2 cups of pork stock and mix in the pan with the vegetables.
5. Turn off the pan once the sauce gets thick.
- you can add the pork in the sauce to make it absorb the taste.