Chicken Sotanghon Soup Ingredients:
- 200 gm sotanghon (bean thread) noodles
- 1 cup chopped or flaked cooked chicken meat (you can use left over chicken meat)
- 6-7 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 head of garlic – minced
- 1/2 medium onion – sliced
- 1 Tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- chopped green onions
Chicken Sotanghon Soup Cooking Instructions:
- Heat oil in a pot. Saute garlic and onion in low to medium heat. Make sure the garlic is not burned.
- Add chicken meat, mushrooms and patis. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and bring to boil.
- Drop the sotanghon noodles in the soup and simmer for about 3 minutes or until noodles are tender and cooked. You may at an early stage cut the noodles with scissors to shorten lengths and make it more manageable to handle.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Serve hot with combined lemon juice and patis on the side.