- Estimated Time: 45 minutes
- 1 kilo whole chicken, cut into pieces.
- 1 small young papaya or sayote, cut into small pieces.
- 2 tablespoons ginger, crushed and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup dahon ng sili (chili leaves)
- 1 liter of water
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
- In a stock pot, heat oil and sauté garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add water and the chicken.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is almost done.
- Season with patis (fish sauce)
- Add papaya and simmer for additional 5 minutes or until the papaya is softens but not overcooked.
- Add chili leaves then turn off the heat.
- Serve steaming hot with plain rice.