Adobong Manok or Chicken Adobo
Estimated cooking time: 50 minutes
- 1 kilo chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 5 laurel leaves (bay leaves)
- 4 tablespoons of cooking oil or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
Adobo Cooking Instructions:
- In a big sauce pan or wok, sauté garlic and onions on cooking hot 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan. Add 2 cups of water, 1/4 cup of soy sauce, vinegar, paprika and the bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or when meat is tender.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce pan and on another pan, heat cooking oil and brown the chicken for a few minutes.
- Mix the browned chicken back to the sauce and Bring to a boil then simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with the adobo gravy and plain rice.